Bible Teaching and Mentoring Programme with Dr. Keith Warrington.
Learning is a journey that may be eternal, but we have the privilege to start now...
Mentoring Bible Teachers
The aim of this one year mentoring programme is for me to walk with folk who feel that God has given them a teaching gift or who have an aspiration to teach. I want to elevate the gift of teaching and, in particular, sermons.
I’m keen to affirm and coach teachers, in order to help them, as reflected in Ephesians 4:11, “equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ”.
I want to...
(i) help you leave your listeners wanting more, resulting in them exploring the Bible themselves
(ii) incentivise you in your preaching and teaching.
(iii) raise your levels of expectancy, and in your listeners, so that sermons become regular opportunities to encounter God, events when folk lean forward to listen rather than lean back to sleep.
(iv) enable folk to enjoy the teaching and listening experiences – because it will do you and your listeners good and, more to the point, God will be encountered in the process.
Elements in the programme
– Complete the Encountering God in the Bible course (Online Access and Booklet) – 20 hours needed.
– Complete the Art of Preaching course (Online Access and Booklet) – 20 hours needed.
– Quarterly, have a Zoom/Skype/Facetime meeting with me (to include your response to questions relating to teaching and explore a sermon topic).
– Quarterly, read 1 of 4 assigned books (from a choice of 11) and send a review for each.
– Provide 2 filmed sermons/talks with full printed sermon notes for feedback.
– Prepare a 6 month potential teaching programme for your context.
– Bi-monthly, complete a 1500 words review on various issues such as – The relevance of the Bible today; How to improve your communication style;
You, the Bible and your church; How to be a better teacher; Exploring what your church wants from the Bible; Targets to be a better teacher.
– Set 5 personal teacher-related targets.
– We will explore ways concerning the construction of sermons.
– Possibly engage in a Zoom meeting with other participants for interactive development.
– Join a Masterclass with other participants on – “Discovering Gems in the Bible.”
There will be a monthly payment of £15 per person (which includes all the above). Extra costs relate to the purchase of the assigned books to be read.
How to get started
This programme is ongoing and folk can opt in at any time of the year. If you wish to participate, please sign up today using the button below, as there will be an inevitable maximum of partners per year! If you have any questions please contact us directly here.